Mectron Third Molar Extraction Set
Mectron Third Molar Extraction Set, suitable for PIEZOSURGERY®, provides all the inserts required for the various indications.
- Stainless steel trays allow both effective sterilization and proper storage.
EXL1, EXL2, EXL3, EX1 and SLO-H
- EXL1 is highly versatile, enabling luxation and simultaneous root extraction in a single maneuver.
- EXL2 (the shorter lever) has a smaller radius but makes it possible to apply greater force.
- EXL3 is mainly for alveolar debridement and/or removing radicular fragments from the extractive alveolus.
- EX1 to cut off the ankylosis, root fraction techniques.
- SLO-H for pericoronal osteotomy
- Insert Tray
A review of the literature shows that piezoelectric wisdom tooth extraction is less traumatic than extraction performed with burs. In fact, the healing process is more favorable, with less morbidity for the patient, even though the procedure takes longer than 1-4. After years of intensive clinical and technological research, Mectron now introduces the first piezoelectric lever to facilitate the luxation maneuver and sometimes even third molar root extraction, especially when ankylosed.
This occurs when the manual force the operator exerts on the handpiece is added to the hammering action (typical of the Mectron PIEZOSURGERY®) which propagates from the lever into the deep periodontium.
Additionally, proper use of the piezoelectric lever can significantly reduce operating time.
The first prototypes of piezoelectric levers were developed many years ago and tested by Dr. Fabrizio Fontanella in more than 9,000 cases of wisdom tooth extraction. The efficiency of these levers was evaluated in a randomized, controlled study, comparing them to manual levers, where they showed the following benefits:
- better visibility
- maximum intraoperative control
- faster third molar extraction